Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I indicate in advance which room I prefer?
Yes, that's possible! You can indicate your preferred room type when making the reservation. Do you prefer a specific room number? Let us know in the 'Special Wishes' when making the reservation on our own website and we will try to take your preference into account.
- Can I donate a stay?
Yes, that's possible! You can make a reservation for someone else. Please contact the hotel at the telephone number or email address below and ask us to issue a voucher. We will send you the voucher by post.
- Can I change or cancel a reservation?
Yes, that's possible! We have two types of rates:
Reservations with this rate can be cancelled or changed free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival. Call us or send us an email to notify us of your changes.
This is our lowest rate. Reservations with this rate can no longer be changed or cancelled free of charge.
- What are the options for an extra bed?
For some of our room types it is possible to reserve an extra sofa bed. The reimbursement for this is € 35 per night. We also have baby cots available. These can be booked for EUR 12.50 per night. You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab. Have you already booked? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Are there also rooms with a bath?
No, at City Center Lodge Utrecht we do not have any rooms with a bath. With the exception of the City View Room (containing a walk-in shower), all our rooms have a private bathroom with rain shower.
- Is there a wedding arrangement?
Certainly! Our pampering package consists of the following:
- Stay in our City View Room
- Bottle of Prosecco in the room
- Rose petals on the bed
- Extensive breakfast in bed
- Nice late check-out until 1 pm!
Since we would like to go through your personal requirements, we ask that you make requests for weddings by phone or email.
Don't book a package? Choose our City View Room when booking for a romantic view!
- Do you accept group bookings?
Yes we do! City Center Lodge is certainly suitable for group bookings. Are you looking for a location with parking options? Then we recommend our other location, Star Lodge Hotels. For reservations of 5 rooms or more, we ask you to send your request to email@example.com.
- Is there a shuttle / taxi service available?
Certainly. City Center Lodge Utrecht works together with the Utrechtse Taxi Centrale. Guests who book a taxi through our hotel can use a reduced rate. Call us or send us an email to make a reservation.
- What time can I check in?
All rooms are guaranteed to be clean from 14:00. You can come and check in at any time and leave your luggage with us. If you want to be in the room earlier, you can choose to book an early check-in. The fee for this is € 20, your room will be available at 11 am. You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab on our website. Did you already book? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- How do I get to the hotel?
By car (A27 / A28):
- Follow the signs Utrecht / Rijnsweerd
- Follow the 2 right-hand lanes to turn right to the Waterlinieweg (signs to Rijnsweerd / Wittevrouwen / Centrum)
- At the roundabout, take the third exit to the Biltstraat
- At the end of the Biltstraat, before the bridge, turn left
- City Center Lodge Utrecht is on your left
From Amsterdam Schiphol
- A train leaves every 15 minutes to Utrecht Central
From Utrecht Central Station
- Bus number 28 towards Science park
- Bus stop Stadsschouwburg
- Walk over the bridge and turn left after the bridge
- Follow the water for about 400 meters
- City Center Lodge Utrecht is on your right
- Can I park at the hotel?
You certainly can! City Center Lodge Utrecht has 2 parking spaces available on request. The costs for this are € 25.00. People can also park at the Grifthoek parking garage, we sell exit tickets for € 19.50 per 24 hours. The cheapest option is to use P + R Science Park, this works as follows:
P+R Science Park
- Park for € 6, and travel from P + R Science Park by public transport to the city center of Utrecht with up to 5 people
- With a maximum of 5 people, take bus 28 or tram 22 from P + R Science Park
- You can buy the P + R-card Utrecht at the P + R Science Park site in the U-OV ticket machine
- Check in and out on the bus or tram with this ticket
In the hotel
- Does the hotel have a restaurant?
City Center Lodge Utrecht has no restaurants. As the hotel is located in the city center, there is a wide choice of restaurants. Our team is available 24/7 to give you the best tips! Some tips include:
- Does the hotel have a bicycle shed?
Yes, City Center Lodge Utrecht has a camera-monitored outdoor shed for bicycles. On request we also have (very limited) space to store electric bicycles, for example. Pay attention: parking your bicycle is entirely at your own risk.
- Can I rent a bicycle at the hotel?
You certainly can! We rent bicycles for the following rates:
- 4 hours: €5,-
- 12 hours: €10,-
- 24 hours: €15,-
These prices include insurance.
You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab on our own website. Did you already book? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Are there any age restrictions in the hotel?
To book a hotel room you must be 18 years or older. This also applies to drinking alcohol. (We can also welcome guests under the age of 18 with written permission from parents / guardians).
- Can I smoke in the hotel?
All rooms and public areas are non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed on our terraces.
- Is the hotel accessible for disabled people or people with walking difficulties?
Yes, all public areas in our hotel are on the ground floor. We also have a disabled room available.
- Are pets welcome?
No, pets are not allowed in our hotel. Guide dogs are, we do not charge extra costs for this.
- How does breakfast work?
We have different breakfast packages available, these vary per season. Please call or email us to view the current breakfast list.
Breakfast times are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 06.30 – 10.00
- Saturday and Sunday: 07.00 – 11.00
Do you have any special dietary requirements? Please let us know at check-in or with the 'Special Wishes' when making the reservation on our website.
- At what time do I have to check out?
Our regular check-out time is 11am. You can use a late check-out for EUR 20. This room is then available until 2 p.m. You can indicate this when making the reservation under the 'Extra Services' tab on our website. Have you already booked? Then contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Can I check out earlier than planned?
You certainly can! Depending on the reason for cancellation and your chosen rate type, we can shorten or cancel your reservation. For more information, see 'Can I change or cancel a reservation?'.
- What payment details are required to make a reservation?
We always ask for a payment guarantee to make a reservation. You provide this payment guarantee by filling in your credit card details when making a reservation. Do you not have a credit card? Then you can pay for the reservation in advance through iDeal / internet banking.
- Which payment methods are accepted?
We accept the following payment methods:
- What is city tax and when will it be charged?
Tourist tax is a tax that you pay when you stay in a municipality where you are not registered. In Utrecht, the tourist tax is 6% of the price per room. This will be charged upon arrival.